Processing of personal data in Norsk Energi
When you use our website, register as a member or course participant with us or receive our newsletter, Norsk Energi will process personal information about you. Below you will therefore find information about personal data that is collected, why we do this and your rights related to the processing of personal data.
The person responsible for processing the personal data we process is Norsk Energi by CEO Jon Tveiten. The contact information for Norsk Energi is:
For any questions you may have about the processing of your personal information with us, you can contact us by e-mail or by telephone number as mentioned above.
1. Why do we collect personal information and what kind of information do we collect
We collect and use your personal information for different purposes depending on who you are and how we get in touch with you. We collect the following personal information for the purposes stated here:
- Manage membership for our members. Name, mobile number and e-mail address of a member or contact person if the member is a business. The processing takes place on the basis of consent from the individual we have registered information about.
- Implement our course offers. Name, mobile number and e-mail address of the participant, other necessary information for completing the course e.g. payment information. The treatment takes place on the basis of an agreement with the participant, including registration for the course.
- Hold exams and certify qualified persons. Name, date of birth, mobile number and e-mail address of participants, completed courses, exam results, practice and information on issued certificates. The processing takes place on the basis that Norsk Energi has a legal obligation as a certification body in accordance with ISO 17024. You can read more about our certification scheme.
- Keep a register of all certificates issued by Norsk Energi. Name, date of birth, e-mail address, private address, employer, exam date and period of validity of certificate. The processing takes place on the basis of a balance of interests. We have assessed it so that this is necessary to meet requests for renewal of certificates.
- Send out newsletters, information about courses and certification, and provide information about Norwegian Energy. E-mail address. The treatment takes place on the basis of your consent.
- Use of reference projects. Name, telephone number, e-mail address, position, employer for project manager / client. The treatment takes place on the basis of a balance of interests. We have assessed that the storage and use of this personal information is necessary to obtain new assignments for Norsk Energi.
- Hire new people for advertised positions with us (recruitment). CV, application, certificates and references. The treatment takes place on the basis of the consent of the applicant.
2. Disclosure of personal information to others
We do not pass on your personal information to others unless there is a legal basis for such disclosure. One such legal basis for extradition is ISO 17024, according to which Norsk Energi is accredited. This requires Norsk Norski to provide information on request if a person has a valid certificate, see ISO 17024, section 7.2.1.
Our courses are mainly arranged at hotels in Norway and the hotels will receive the necessary information from NE, e.g. names of participants or accommodation / full board. Information given in the registration form.
Norsk Energi uses data processors to collect, store or otherwise process personal data on our behalf. In such cases, we have entered into agreements to ensure information security in all stages of the processing. We use the following data processors as of today:
- FunkWeb Competence (Web Development)
- MailChimp (Newsletter solution provider).
In connection with the use of data processor MailChimp, personal information is transferred to countries outside the EU / EEA, such as the USA. When transferring personal information to Mailchimp in the United States, the warranty for this transfer is EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, see GDPR Article 46 no.
3. Storage time
We store your personal information with us for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which the personal information was collected. This means that personal information used to provide you with marketing will be deleted if you unsubscribe from the newsletter or withdraw your consent. The same applies to the processing of your personal data